timdoug's interesting tidbits
Little bits of technical documentation and such. Hopefully helpful.
How to set up the QT4 WikiReader simulator in Debian unstable
- Certain build scripts require Python 2.6, so find some way to install it
(Debian experimental, by source, etc.)
- apt-get install
libqt4-dev qt4-qmake netpbm gforth
build-essential php5-cli sqlite3
- git clone git://github.com/wikireader/wikireader.git
- cd wikireader/samo-lib/include
- Copy config.h-default to config.h and uncomment
the SIMULATOR #define.
- make qt4-simulator
- Breakage will occur. Be merciless with hackage!
I had to change a few lines of C and asm when functions weren't defined, etc.
- mkdir image work
- make DESTDIR=image WORKDIR=work XML_FILES=xml-file-samples/japanese_architects.xml index parse render combine (per doc/QuickStart)
- make DESTDIR=image install
- cp host-tools/qt4-simulator/bin/wikisim image/
- cd image
It will segfault soon enough, but you'll hopefully be able to get in
a bit of reading on Japanese architects. Good luck!