NFS doesn't work!
Unable to start nfsd or portmap in Debian? Getting weird errors in /var/log like the following?
- rpcbind: server localhost not responding, timed out
- RPC: failed to contact local rpcbind server (errno 5).
- RPC: failed to contact local rpcbind server (errno 512).
- nfssvc: Setting version failed: errno 16 (Device or resource busy)
- nfssvc: writting fds to kernel failed: errno 5 (Input/output error)
The solution: make sure that the loopback device is up.
E.g., make sure this is in /etc/network/interfaces:
iface lo inet loopback